Waxing by Michelle, Freelance Beauty Specialist. Waxing in Jewellery Quarter
The advantage of waxing techniques requires removing the hairs from the root, which eventually becomes weaker, meaning reduced hair growth over a period of time.
Warm wax pot + spatula and roller wax system
For larger areas I use Tea Tree warm wax with a pot and spatula method combined with the roller wax system method for efficiency and hygiene. This allows easy application and precision on removing hairs from a specific area. The tea tree is a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory plant which prevents any infection occurring and promotes a faster healing process.
For more sensitive and intimate areas I use strip-less wax/hot wax/peel-able wax. This method does not require any wax strips, instead the warm wax is applied as normal on the hairs and skin, a little wait until the wax is cooled and hardened then removed. Feedback from this particular method is much more preferred from clients suggesting the treatment felt more comfortable, the skin had less side effects such as redness and shorter hairs were removed, giving a longer lasting smoother finish.
Waxing results can last up to 6-8 weeks depending on previous hair removal methods and your current hair growth cycle. Over a period of time with regular waxing you will notice the hairs getting finer as they grow back. Ingrowing hairs are very common as with most hair removal techniques, to prevent ingrowing hairs, exfoliating and moisturising can help.
Body waxing (strip wax)
- Full leg and feet/toes £25 (35 mins)
- Half leg (Ankle to knee) £15 (20 mins)
- Half leg (upper leg) £20 (25 mins)
- Full arm and hands/fingers £15 (20 mins)
- Half arm £10 (15 mins)
- Hands and fingers £10 (15 mins)
- Underarm £10 (15 mins)
- Abdomen £10 (15 mins)
- Full back £25 (30 mins)
- Half back £15 (20 mins)
- Full face £30 (forehead, temples, cheeks, side burns, lip, chin, neck also includes threading for stubborn hairs) (45 mins)
- Half face £15 (side burns, cheeks, chin) (20 mins)
- Lip wax £8 (strip) (10 mins)
- Chin wax £8 (strip) (10 mins)
- Lip and Chin wax £14 (10 mins)
- Lip wax £10 (stripless) (15 mins)
- Chin wax £10 (stripless) (15 mins)
- Lip and Chin wax £15 (stripless) (15 mins)
- Underarm £15 (20 mins)
- Bikini £15 (20 mins)
- High bikini £20 (25 mins)
- Brazilian £25 (35 mins)
- Hollywood £30 (45 mins)